Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Praying to God

I have never questioned everytime why my mum goes to the temple to pray to God for example for my safety when I go abroad, for my success when I take my exams etc. Usually, she will give me a yellow sachet for me to keep in my wallet after visiting the temple and I always kept it even until today had never replaced it even when the mission is over.

So there I was, watching my two sweet ones sleeping soundly which I can't resist to pray to God wishing Him to watch over my little ones. So as I was praying, a question pop into my mind. Since I know there's a Buddha in me and there's a Buddha in them, wouldn't it be more appropriate to connect spiritually to their Buddhas' and tell them to take care of their avatar? I felt much closer to their Buddhas, an arm length away as compared to praying to God who maybe somewhere up the sky, who may be too busy as so many people are praying to Him but again, may not be that busy since He is all that mighty and should be able to manage time. Anyway, so to speak, connecting spiritually to my little ones Buddha felt much sentimentally connective as i know their Buddhas will take care of them well.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: