Monday, February 28, 2011

Experiences or Courses

As of today, I lost $5000, my initial startup for my Future Trading Account. Did I lost $5k just like that? It actually took me from August 2010 to February 2011, a span of 7 months to lose my initial startup. If I looked it in another way, I could have spend $5000 on a future trading course that span 5 days of intensive training. Would that be different? $5k for a 5 days course or $5k for a 7 months strengthening up one's own psychology, money management and trading methods. I know one of my friend is going for a trading course in Australia that cost almost $10k for a period of 7 days. Is it worth it or would it be better if he would just top up his trading account and used that to further improve his trading experience.

All choices is worth the money provided one learned something that is equivalent to the amount that one paid. This would mean acquiring the knowledge and putting them into action, seeing the result work slowly to where one want it to reach. However, in my view, 7 months of live trading experiences, learning and going through the real thing, managing the 3Ms is better than 7 days of theories. Of course, if during the 7 months, I learned nothing, making mistakes over and over again and not realizing it, cannot control emotion etc could prove to be not so good. In that case, I might as well quit trading altogether. However, to be fair, what makes me think that after another $5k or $10k course, I can be a different man? Yet, to plunge $5k on a trading course is good if one need an initiate booster to get into the trading mindset when one has absolutely no idea where to start. Still I think, go for the cheapest one like Tom Yuen class which I still think value for money.

"A jug fills drop by drop"

No comments: