Friday, February 18, 2011

Meditation 2 - Projecting Thoughts

As part of the art of meditation, thoughts that came to one's mind should be observed by oneself as a third party and not getting involved in it. That means, one should not suppressed it but instead let the thoughts flow by as though they are just a passing breeze. Everytime when I am aware that I am pulled into my thoughts, it is always then that I immediately reacted by not thinking of it which eventually cause it to die down. This work though but there's this after effect that stay within my mind which I cannot explain in words. It is like a residue that stay on my head.

So today while meditating, I became to focus myself as the third party. My body at rest while I am watching my mind for thoughts. I started by closing my eyes and just staring at the black. Soon a thought filled the black screen and I put myself way back behind my mind and observed the thought that is projected on the black screen. Looking left and looking right until I saw everything and then with a click, all is pitch black again. I think I reached contemplation. Still I have the feeling that the dead thought is nearby. So I opened my eyes this time and projected my thought onto the wall. This time I am about 3 meters away. Similarly, I observed the thought and like a petal flowing in a stream, the thought move along the stream and is out of my sight. This time, I could not feel the thought near me.

I think thought projecting is a great art to master. Just like holding a screen, put the thought infront of you instead of leaving it in the mind. Once you work it through, stuff your screen and don't leave it in your mind. Knock out all the thoughts in your head, pushed or projected all negative thoughts onto the wall and keep those happy ones. Life will be alot peaceful.

"If one is able to control one's mind, one will find a way to Enlightenment"

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: