Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to deal with people asking for money

I met a 50+ auntie who came to me while I was buying food. She asked me for $2. I asked her what she need to buy with the $2. She says coffee. I bought her a coffee, not Starbucks kind but the coffee shop kind. She took the coffee and sat on the table to drink.

This is what I had been doing for people who asked me for money. Money is a mean to solve something and instead of giving money, I prefer to solve the something for them. If I have to make coffee, I will make. Giving them money will make them confused as she now has more options to choose. She can choose to eat ice kacang or McDonald Ice Tea and this will confused her and who knows, frustrate her as decision making is tedious. Also if it is not a genuine case, you may find your money given for a bad cause. So it is better to evaluate the cause and if it is ok with you, do it for her and spare her the agony of making choices.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Jurong East Market

No comments: