Monday, January 31, 2011

You ever wish you were young again

In "Tuesday with Morrie" by Mitch Albom, Morrie was ask if he had ever wish to be be young again. He says that’s for those who wished to be young again, it is just a reflection of a life that hasn’t found meaning. If you’ve found meaning you don’t want to go back, and you can appreciate the 23 year old in you, the 35 year old and the 62 year old.

I had myself asked that question many times before.
If I have the chance to be young again, I would probably take some other paths, do something else like not taking an Engineering degree, not working for an MNC, go abroad, starting a business etc, things like that.

However, after much thoughts, I realized that if I have taken that other path/s, all that I am now might just erased. Would I meet my wife again? Would I have my little two princesses? Where would I end up? Honestly, I got no idea. Maybe, I could be very rich but will I be happy or I could be very poor but will I be sad? So what's wrong with NOW? Seriously, there's nothing that's really wrong. Is it that all I want is just a little more comfort and that could mean giving up my love ones? I think that is total insanity.

Like what Morrie had said, those who wish to be young has yet to find meaning in their present - the Meaning of their own Life.

No comments: