Saturday, January 22, 2011

Who wants to be the first presenter?

"The more I want to run away from it, the more I will have to face it eventually.
A better option is just face it and get it over with." - Someone

After not having done a presentation for so so long, I was made a leader for a group of 5 and as usual, being the leader tends to be the one doing the presentation. I'm pretty much used to doing presentation and has pretty much gotten over the fright of doing presentation to a bunch of unknowns. I figure that, if I am good, I shouldn't be there standing in front. On the other hand, if I am not good, I shouldn't be there sitting back. If I am not good, i should take the opportunity to be better and hence sitting back is definitely not going to make myself better in presentation next time. Everyone has to present one day. So why don't take all the opportunity to be better.

Atlas, I give everyone a chance to present but all say no, either being humble or avoiding the pain of making a fool out of oneself. I'm pretty much a married fool. So there's not much more room to be fooler. Seriously, who cares? Just like the show 'Eat Pray Love', a blonde swede told Liz that she not taking those extra calories as she already grow a muffin top - a belly. Liz task her whether she had an incident with a man in bed stop undressing because of her muffin top? Seriously, who cares about the muffin top. Having a beautiful naked girl in front is already too good to be true. Again, WHO CARES. Focus on the NOW and if I really make a fool, cry over it little, detached the past and move on. I will have a better life.

During the assignment, there are 12 teams. I am Team A and hence I was the first to present. I learned that been first to present have lots of benefit. Imagine been the 8th. I probably be having an antagonizing wait for my turn and I may probably not pay much attention to presentations 1 to 7. Also my final presentation will usually ended up adjusted, influence by what happened in 1 to 7 and most likely making me add things that may not run smoothly in my presentation. On the other hand, by being first, after I got over with my presentation, I will feel a relief of freedom so that I can just pay attention to the rest of the presentation not having to worry about my presentation anymore. Also being the first tends to be the one setting the standard and hence usually less questions ask as lecturer start to build momentum. So what am I waiting for? Just do it and get it over with.

No comments: