Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Better than Tomorrow

In the book 'Have A Little Faith' by Mitch Albom, he asked Albert Lewis who is lying on his bed whether he is feeling alright. Albert says "Let me put it this way. I am not better then yesterday BUT!!!! I am better than tomorrow."

I chuckled alittle and felt 'What a great way to put.' I remember someone once told me what Jackie Chan had said - Expect the worst but Hope for the best. I had difficulty comprehend that but it seems like Albert has just sum it all. He expect tomorrow will not be better than today but if he is wrong, he win both ways. He just created a win-win attitude for himself. And to further support his phrase, in 'The Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle, he emphasized the important of cherishing what you have NOW as the future is unknown and the past is olden.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: