Friday, September 24, 2010

I was wrong

Why is it so difficult for me to say that? I thought about it and realized that I have been condition to do that since I was younger. I have my pride and like what the road safety department says "Speeding Kills" and I will say "Pride Kills" too. Imagine driving along your usual way and suddenly a car from behind horn you and later drove by your side and show you the middle finger. If that hurts your pride really badly, I hope that pride of yours don't get stuck in your mind and let it get to you and eventually kill you. So I think LTA should not just put Speeding Kills. They should instead put "Priding Kills" :)

Anyway back to the topic. I recall everytime I had an argument with my wife, usually I will argue until I win. I can smoke a wrong to a right, deflect the original argument to something totally different and that she is guilty of to totally just being a total jerk ass. What else could have cause this to happen? My pride... Totally chaunavistic to the fullest. Never admit wrong.

And now it is hurting me. Where? In my trading. In trading, there's this word of advise "when you wrong, CUT!!!".
How can that be? How can I be wrong? Yes I am sure wrong when I start seeing her (the market) using my account like her free flow credit card. If I don't stop her, my wife is going to suspect that I am having a mistress. :P

There was this Raffles Teacher who once commented "The biggest mistake one can make is not to admit, not to apologize and most importantly, not to learn from it." S/he was referring to our government. Anyway, I don't have that habit of admitting wrong. So to get better especially in my trading, I will need to develop that habit else my virtual mistress is going to go on a spending spree. Also I'm sure my wife don't mind winning a few quarrels... okay maybe more than a few... :P

No comments: